Portable Electric Cable Support Tower
RubberForm’s Portable Electric Cable Support Tower (PECST) is a safe, cost effective, and reliable alternative to wooden cable hangers. Suspending electrical cables eliminate ground or worker contact, preventing an electrical circuit to be completed.
RubberForm’s Portable Electric Cable Support Tower (or PECST) is a portable electric cable support that was engineered by safety and construction workers. Workplace safety practices include keeping electrical cables (welding cables, power cords, etc.) suspended so that they are not in contact with the ground and are not likely to come into contact with a worker. This safety practice is due to the risk that some portion of a construction person’s body may complete an electrical circuit if the contractor is standing on the ground and touches an electrical cable; or if the ground itself is in electrical contact with an electrical cable.
The traditional way to keep electrical cables off the ground on a work site is to use lengths of lumber. For example, two-by-four studs are used to prop the cables overhead. One disadvantage of using lumber to prop up cables is that each tower is constructed onsite. This requires time-consuming rough carpentry to add a base to each vertical board. Hooks to suspend the cables are formed by nails driven partially into the top of the tower, a less-than-ideal situation since it would be preferable for all parts of the tower to be non-conductive.
These lumber towers are only marginally effective because they are prone to falling over due to a high center of gravity. The lumber towers are awkward to move and are almost never moved from one job site to another. They are so inconvenient to move and/or store that construction companies routinely dispose of them when a job is completed. They accept that new ones will need to be constructed at future construction sites. This is a waste of resources, a burden on productivity, and an economically inefficient recurring cost. What is needed is a Portable Electric Cable Support Tower that will hold electrical cables overhead safely, and that is inexpensive, lightweight, reusable, and convenient to move and store.
The Portable Electric Cable Support Tower provides temporary support for one or more electrical cables above ground level at a construction site. The support tower is made of a non-conductive base having a bottom that engages the ground and a top that extends straight up. The base is comprised of shredded, recycled rubber tire material. Furthermore, the base is wide enough and heavy that it is sturdy and will not tip over easily. Finally, the Portable Electric Cable Support Towers are light enough that a one person is permitted by law to move it.
- American Recycled Scrap Tire Crumb Rubber – SBR with polyurethane binder
- Post-Consumer Waste
- Compression Molding
- GreenSpec Listed
- CSI Specs Available
- 100% Recycled Content
- Made In America
- Enhances safety and minimizes liability on construction sites
- All-weather weighted rubber base, easy maintenance, will not rust, chip, crack, crumble, corrode or need repainting
- Supports cable weights up to 100 pound.
- Telescoping pole to a 10 foot height with cable antler
- Easy to deploy and install, easy to move from location to location – just tip and roll
- Base is 100% Post Consumer Recycled Tire Rubber
- Safety Yellow FRP non-conduction pole with safety locking collar and white cable antler
- Safety Caution labels on Pole and cable antler
- US Patents Issued
- RF-PCST73 – Portable Electric Telescoping Cable Support Tower System, 73 pounds
- RF-PCSTHD150 – Portable Electric Telescoping Cable Support Tower System – Heavy Duty with base weight, 150 pounds
RubberForm Recycled Products is a world-class manufacturer of innovative green products made from recycled scrap tire rubber and recycled plastic. Our materials are sourced from U.S. recycled materials & manufactured by American workers in the USA.