Why are we committed to using recycled rubber and plastics as the building blocks of all our products?
For recycling to succeed in America, we need to do more than put bottles and cans in a bin at the curb. Manufacturers need to look for innovative ways to give new life to existing materials, and consumers need to make purchasing choices that create markets for products made out of recycled materials.
RubberForm is proud to be part of the solution to our fossil fuel and waste crises. All our products are made from recycled materials, including crumb rubber, scrap tires, and post-consumer plastics.
1) CONSERVE NATURAL RESOURCES. Recycled products help ensure every resource is used to its maximum potential.
2) REDUCE WASTE AND POLLUTION. Virgin material manufacturing creates a lot of waste – waste that goes into landfills, water supplies, and the air. Recycled material manufacturing creates far less waste.
3) CONSERVE ENERGY. It takes 95% less energy to manufacture an aluminum can from recycled materials than virgin materials.
4) CREATE JOBS. The Institute for Local Self-Reliance in Washington, D.C. estimates that 9 jobs are created for every 15,000 tons of solid waste recycled into a new product, and 7 jobs for the same amount of yard trimmings composted. By contrast, only 2 jobs are created for every 15,000 tons incinerated, and just 1 job for every 15,000 tons sent to landfills.
5) BUILD ENVIRONMENTAL ETHIC. Demonstrate to retailers, manufacturers, lawmakers and children that making environmentally-friendly choices is crucial to our futures.